Here’s a tasty little deal-sweetener – not only will participants at this year’s Kino Kabaret walk away with a brand new showreel of films, a bunch of new filming and editing skills, an address book full of new film industry contacts (and probably a hangover from the Sunday night screening party), two Kabaret peeps will also leave with a brand new pro camera thanks to the awesome folk at SONY!
We have two cameras from SONY that are so brand new, the winners will be the only people in Australia to own one.
Since Kabaret is a non-competitive filmmaking marathon, we’ll be giving away the two cameras to:
1) One lucky winner drawn at random from the three weekend sessions, and;
2) The Kabaret participant who most embodies the spirit of Kino, to “Do well with nothing. Do better with little. And do it now,” and who:
1. Follows the Kino filmmaking rules;
2. Has a super positive can-do kinda attitude;
3. Doesn’t hesitate to collaborate with new people or help out fellow Kinoites when they are having trouble importing/rendering/exporting/turning on the camera;
4. Dances like a mofo at the screening parties;
5. Cheers like crazy at the end of every Kino film;
6. And tries to make a ridiculous amount of films during a 32-hour Kabaret session!
There are still a few places left in our three weekend Kabaret sessions, on 17-18 November, 23-24 November and 1-2 December – download the application form here or email Adele@thefestivalists.com for more info!