When possible, please avoid using music for which you don’t have the rights. This will allow you to submit your film to festivals or broadcast.
Check the licensing requirements for the tracks you plan to use (Creative Commons licenses are explained here) and don’t forget to include full music credits and licensing info in your film’s credits.
- The Free Music Archive (Database of music from the public domain or with generous licenses)
- Sonnyboo (Free film music and film scores by Peter John Ross)
- Free Music For Filmmakers (great resource featuring Australian musicians)
- Public Domain 2TEN (Good archive of songs now the public domain)
- Mobygratis (free moby music for use in short films)
There are hundreds of free sound effects libraries online, just google what you’re looking for.
We recommend www.soungle.com.