We're launching our latest KINO CHALLENGE – and it comes with a cash budget for your film and the chance to win cash prizes!
We’ve teamed up with our friends at International Experience Canada to challenge you to make a one-minute film on the theme:
“My idea of Canada...”
You can be as absurd, inventive, or sober-faced as you like. Play with the clichés, refute them, or flip them upside down – whatever takes your fancy.
- The first TEN filmmakers to sign up to make a one-minute film receive a $100 budget to shoot your film (plus free use of the Kino camera, if you need it).
- $500 cash prize for the Best Film as decided by our esteemed jury.
- A $250 equipment hire voucher for the People’s Choice Award – the most popular Try The Real Thing film on YouTube.
Read below for the rules...
All films entered will screen at Kino events on 13 May, 3 June and 1 July as they are finished, and the winning film will screen before every film at the 2013 Possible Worlds Film Festival, at Dendy Cinemas.
1) You must be one of the first ten teams to register to receive the $100 budget, so hit up email@example.com now!
2) You will have to return the $100 budget if your film is not finished by 1 July.
3) Your film must include the following three slides at the end:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the high resolution slides.
4) To submit your finished film for consideration, email the file to email@example.com.
5) Films entered in this challenge are exempt from having to display “Kino Sydney” + screening number at the end.
6) Films will be uploaded to YouTube the day after their Kino screening. The film with the most likes by 2pm on August 7th will win the $250 People’s Choice Award, so the earlier you finish it the more time you have online to gather votes!
It all happens 1 April - no fooling - with the screening of the FilmLife Project shorts and the launch of our next challenge. Ignore the end of the long weekend by losing yourself in some short films and free booze and pizza!